Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Guest Review: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

When my friend Teny saw me pull out a big white tube from my purse at the end of our breakfast date, she asked me what it was, as I was putting on my lips.
I was so excited to share it with her. Its not your conventional lip balm, but its a miracle cream I swear by and have so, since 1999. (pre Y2K! ha!)

When I was just a young fashion photography assistant, I would watch big make up artist put this product on the model's lips as a natural look and replacement for a gloss.
I asked them what it was...and I have since then used it and sworn by it. It is the very reason I have non-chapped lips and never worry about lipgloss.

The cream is called Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. Its a 50 ml tube that goes for about 35$ and will last you YEARS.
A classic, and a woman's must have. It can shape brows, revitalize shine, soothe dry hands (although I find it too greasy for it), smooth cuticles. Helps prevent chapping, peeling, and windburn. I use it as a lip balm in the winter months and in the spring when wind is a big factor.

In cold winter days, when we're all looking grey, I add a touch of my Mac Beet lipliner and mix in a dab of my eight hour cream and i got myself luscious lips that are also protected with a hint of color.
The only downfall is that it has a faint medicated smell. It doesn't bother me but your significant other may be slightly bothered by your kisses. In which case, I suggest you wear it to bed at night and wake up with fresh lips. I've even also burned myself in the kitchen and used it! I'm telling you...you won't want to live without it!! Grab one at any The Bay store.

-Magnolia 💜


Follow me on:
Facebook: Teny Sarkissian Makeup Artist
Instagram: @Tenplatinum

No comments:

Post a Comment